Model Amber Tutton visits College of West Anglia in Wisbech for photography session
- Credit: Archant
Students at the College of West Anglia’s Wisbech campus had a unique opportunity to photograph an international model this week.
Amber Tutton grew up in Cambridgeshire and has worked for beauty and fashion brands including Babyliss and Affinage. She has also been featured in Vogue magazine, on the front cover of Couture and has more than 6,000 Facebook likes.
Thanks to her visit the photography students were able to work to a live brief with a professional, full-time model. It was also a chance for some of the hair and beauty students to use their skills in a new environment.
The day was treated as a live commercial shoot with the students from both courses working to a set brief.
Amber grew up in Huntingdon and found school life difficult, being bullied at a young age.
You may also want to watch:
She began modelling as a means of developing her self-confidence and overcoming anxieties, which she discussed with the students during her visit.
Amber said: “The day was super fun and I was very impressed with what they achieved and the obvious skills that they are developing.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
“It was particularly nice to see them come together from different courses.
“For students to take part in a shoot like this is unusual in a college setting.
“They took full advantage of the opportunity, producing images that were on par with some of the professional photographers that I have worked with.”
Photography lecturer Alan Payne added: “Having the privilege to work with professional models such as Amber is very unusual in further education colleges. “This was a unique opportunity for students to work with a top-flight model and produce images of a very high quality, which will make their portfolios stand out from the crowd when applying for university.
“Amber very quickly put the students at ease and helped to build their confidence.”
To see Amber’s work go to www.ambertutton.com