Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- Credit: Family/Google Maps
The body of a man reported missing from Wisbech on Saturday was found 14 miles away in Norfolk on Tuesday.
Police said that whilst formal identification has not been complete the man’s family has been informed.
Sidney Meads, 64, was reported missing at just after 2.30pm on Saturday.
He was last seen near his home in Ramnoth Road on Monday January 4.
A police spokesperson said today: “Formal identification has not been completed, but it is believed to be Sidney and his family are aware.
You may also want to watch:
“The death is not being treated as suspicious”.
Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue was called in to help find Mr Meads and a drone was also used in the search.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 8 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May