Missing baby Daniel John Minton found safe and well at a Wisbech address with his family after police search with drone unit
- Credit: Archant
An eight-month-old baby who had gone missing with his parents from the Swaffham area has been found safe and well at a Wisbech address, after a police search which lasted several months and involved the new drone unit.
Daniel John Minton and his parents, Daniel Minton Snr and Tory Smith were last seen on Friday, April 21 in the Orford Road area of the town.
The couple are thought to have taken Daniel following a family court hearing which ruled they posed ‘a risk of harm’ to the boy.
Police considered Minton Snr and Smith to be committing an offence of taking/keeping a child away from a responsible person.
Daniel Minton Snr was also wanted on recall to prison, having breached the terms of his licence.
You may also want to watch:
Following intelligence, officers, including the drone unit, were led to an address in the Wisbech area, where the family were found.
As a result, both parents have been arrested and taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Travelling to be made easier for double-jabbed holidaymakers
The child has been taken into protective custody and officers will be liaising with Children’s Services to provide ongoing care.
Norfolk police said they would like to thank the media for their assistance in publicising this appeal.
Norfolk police recently started using two drones, one costing £1,500 and the other £850 to help investigate rural crime, monitor demonstrations and search for missing people.