Guests gather at Wisbech Grammar School for glamorous Michaelmas Ball
- Credit: Archant
Dazzling décor, floor-length dresses and delicious food formed part of the annual Michaelmas Ball at Wisbech Grammar School.
Around 250 guests took part in the extravaganza, which also raised funds towards school projects and the Meadowgate Academy mini bus appeal.
The Skelton Hall was transformed as prosecco and canapés were served, followed by a delicious meal cooked by Jayne Johnston and the school catering team.
This was followed by a game of heads and tails, a raffle and entertainment.
Joanne Munson, chair of Friends of Wisbech Grammar School, said: “I would like to take this opportunity to say – on behalf of all the members – we are thrilled with how the evening went and we have received so many lovely positive comments.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank everyone that came along and supported the event and all of the school team involved in making it possible.
“We are incredibly pleased with the amount raised which will go towards much-needed items within the school, to benefit pupils, staff and the wider school community.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
The theme this year was ‘Mirror Ball’ and took place on November 24.