Millionth Covid-19 vaccine to be delivered this week
- Credit: Ben Birchall/PA Wire
The one millionth Covid-19 vaccine dose will be delivered from vaccination centres across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk this week.
The life-saving dose will be delivered from one of the large-scale vaccination clinics under Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust.
Matthew Winn, Chief Executive of the trust, said: “I’m so incredibly proud of this achievement which is giving hope of a brighter future to thousands of people every day as part of the biggest vaccination programme in NHS history.
“My heartfelt thanks to everyone in our vaccination centres, NHS staff and volunteers.
"They have have gone above and beyond to meet the challenges of Covid-19 head on.”
Dr Gary Howsam, chair of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group, added: “For our vaccination centres to be delivering the millionth dose this week, less than 11 months since the first centre opened is incredible.
“My thanks to each and every one of them.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash