Wisbech church marks milestone anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A celebration to mark the 150th anniversary of a Wisbech Church saw dozens gather to share their memories.
St Augustine's Church, in Lynn Road, held a blessing on the lawn with Canon Matthew Bradbury and the Lord Vice Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire Richard Barnwell on Sunday (May 11).
Parishioners past and present gathered - including David and Judy Hodgson who were married at the church 45 years ago.
An exhibition showing the church through the years was also on display.
A post by the friends group on social media read: "Such a glorious day with friends and families coming from all over the country to celebrate 150 years.
You may also want to watch:
"So many memories shared and enjoyed again with love between us as always.
"Thank you to all involved to put on this amazing exhibition."
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
St Augustine's was constructed on May 11 1868 in the Gothic style at a cost of £3,320.
It played a vital part in transforming the slum areas of the town by bringing people together to worship.
In recent years both the church roof and organ have been extensively repaired.