Mum who is recreating historic Bayeux Tapestry designs colouring book featuring hand-drawn images
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech mum who is making a full scale replica of the Bayeux Tapestry has created a colouring book that features hand-drawn images from her “labour of love”.
Having turned her love of craft-making into a mission to recreate a full scale replica of the medieval artwork in 2018, Mia Hansson, then launched a Kickstarter campaign to get the colouring book published in June 2020.
The crowdfunding initiative hit its target in just 90 minutes and was more than 800 per cent backed by the end of the month.
The book features images from the Bayeux Tapestry, for colouring, or to use as patterns for people’s own projects. The book is A4 size and has 63 single-sided pages of images.
Mia estimates the project will take more than a decade to complete but says it is for “handicraft interest rather than a historic one”.
You may also want to watch:
The 45-year-old started work on the design almost three years ago and aims to get it as close to the original as possible.
The tapestry tells the story of the future William I’s conquest of England, culminating in the Battle of Hastings and the defeat of Harold in 1066.
Mia’s book can be purchased online.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash