Mum who is recreating historic Bayeux Tapestry designs colouring book featuring hand-drawn images
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech mum who is making a full scale replica of the Bayeux Tapestry has created a colouring book that features hand-drawn images from her “labour of love”.
Having turned her love of craft-making into a mission to recreate a full scale replica of the medieval artwork in 2018, Mia Hansson, then launched a Kickstarter campaign to get the colouring book published in June 2020.
The crowdfunding initiative hit its target in just 90 minutes and was more than 800 per cent backed by the end of the month.
The book features images from the Bayeux Tapestry, for colouring, or to use as patterns for people’s own projects. The book is A4 size and has 63 single-sided pages of images.
Mia estimates the project will take more than a decade to complete but says it is for “handicraft interest rather than a historic one”.
You may also want to watch:
The 45-year-old started work on the design almost three years ago and aims to get it as close to the original as possible.
The tapestry tells the story of the future William I’s conquest of England, culminating in the Battle of Hastings and the defeat of Harold in 1066.
Mia’s book can be purchased online.
- 1 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council