Mesmerising ‘Macbeth’ brought to life thanks to Wisbech Grammar School’s fast moving production
- Credit: Archant
Shakespeare’s mesmerising tale of ambition, guilt and revenge ‘Macbeth’ was brought to life by a cast of Wisbech Grammar Schools students.
Gripping the crowd throughout three fast-moving fully-costumed productions to audiences in excess of 340, the run involved a cast from all seven year groups in the senior school.
In the lead roles were Benjamin York as Macbeth and Joanna Slipper as Lady Macbeth.
Alison Clayton, director and English teacher, said: “Arguably the most theatrical of Shakespeare’s tragedies, ‘Macbeth’ has been an ambitious project.
“The pupils have not only risen to the challenge, but have far surpassed my expectations once again.
You may also want to watch:
“The cast and crew have worked with great enthusiasm and commitment since the beginning of term, and, without exception, each and every member of the production excelled.
“Special praise needs to go to the whole cast and crew who worked tremendously well together to deliver a wonderful interpretation of this iconic play.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph