Mesmerising ‘Macbeth’ brought to life thanks to Wisbech Grammar School’s fast moving production
- Credit: Archant
Shakespeare’s mesmerising tale of ambition, guilt and revenge ‘Macbeth’ was brought to life by a cast of Wisbech Grammar Schools students.
Gripping the crowd throughout three fast-moving fully-costumed productions to audiences in excess of 340, the run involved a cast from all seven year groups in the senior school.
In the lead roles were Benjamin York as Macbeth and Joanna Slipper as Lady Macbeth.
Alison Clayton, director and English teacher, said: “Arguably the most theatrical of Shakespeare’s tragedies, ‘Macbeth’ has been an ambitious project.
“The pupils have not only risen to the challenge, but have far surpassed my expectations once again.
You may also want to watch:
“The cast and crew have worked with great enthusiasm and commitment since the beginning of term, and, without exception, each and every member of the production excelled.
“Special praise needs to go to the whole cast and crew who worked tremendously well together to deliver a wonderful interpretation of this iconic play.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47