Mepal and Witcham Primary pupils visited by children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and parents of Mepal and Witcham Primary School were left stunned after a surprise visit from children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’.
The Phonic Fairy – otherwise known as Michelle Larbey, a former teacher turned children’s author and storyteller, hosts a show on ‘ZeeKay Junior’ – a YouTube channel with over 300,000 subscribers.
Louise Lomax, headteacher, said: “I was originally drawn to the Phonics Fairy materials due to the way phonics learning is imparted through a whole text approach.
“The high quality books drawn together by the Story Time Phonics scheme are all by well-known quality children’s authors.”
Alongside CBeebies stars, Mr Maker and Let’s Play, Michelle’s show is seen by thousands of people every Friday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
After Michelle told the pupils stories, she signed copies of her books ‘My Pet Snake, The Wishing Dish and The Farmer’s Rat’ while sharing fairy cakes and admiring the Reception children’s displays.
Louise added: “Collectively they provide the pupils with a wealth of exciting vocabulary and whole worlds of imagination, which in turn supports their own creativity.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
For more information on ‘The Phonic Fairy’ visit: www.tts-group.co.uk/StoryTime+Phonics.html