Mepal and Witcham Primary pupils visited by children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and parents of Mepal and Witcham Primary School were left stunned after a surprise visit from children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’.
The Phonic Fairy – otherwise known as Michelle Larbey, a former teacher turned children’s author and storyteller, hosts a show on ‘ZeeKay Junior’ – a YouTube channel with over 300,000 subscribers.
Louise Lomax, headteacher, said: “I was originally drawn to the Phonics Fairy materials due to the way phonics learning is imparted through a whole text approach.
“The high quality books drawn together by the Story Time Phonics scheme are all by well-known quality children’s authors.”
Alongside CBeebies stars, Mr Maker and Let’s Play, Michelle’s show is seen by thousands of people every Friday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
After Michelle told the pupils stories, she signed copies of her books ‘My Pet Snake, The Wishing Dish and The Farmer’s Rat’ while sharing fairy cakes and admiring the Reception children’s displays.
Louise added: “Collectively they provide the pupils with a wealth of exciting vocabulary and whole worlds of imagination, which in turn supports their own creativity.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
For more information on ‘The Phonic Fairy’ visit: www.tts-group.co.uk/StoryTime+Phonics.html