Mepal and Witcham Primary pupils visited by children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and parents of Mepal and Witcham Primary School were left stunned after a surprise visit from children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’.
The Phonic Fairy – otherwise known as Michelle Larbey, a former teacher turned children’s author and storyteller, hosts a show on ‘ZeeKay Junior’ – a YouTube channel with over 300,000 subscribers.
Louise Lomax, headteacher, said: “I was originally drawn to the Phonics Fairy materials due to the way phonics learning is imparted through a whole text approach.
“The high quality books drawn together by the Story Time Phonics scheme are all by well-known quality children’s authors.”
Alongside CBeebies stars, Mr Maker and Let’s Play, Michelle’s show is seen by thousands of people every Friday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
After Michelle told the pupils stories, she signed copies of her books ‘My Pet Snake, The Wishing Dish and The Farmer’s Rat’ while sharing fairy cakes and admiring the Reception children’s displays.
Louise added: “Collectively they provide the pupils with a wealth of exciting vocabulary and whole worlds of imagination, which in turn supports their own creativity.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown
For more information on ‘The Phonic Fairy’ visit: www.tts-group.co.uk/StoryTime+Phonics.html