Mepal and Witcham Primary pupils visited by children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and parents of Mepal and Witcham Primary School were left stunned after a surprise visit from children’s YouTube star ‘The Phonic Fairy’.
The Phonic Fairy – otherwise known as Michelle Larbey, a former teacher turned children’s author and storyteller, hosts a show on ‘ZeeKay Junior’ – a YouTube channel with over 300,000 subscribers.
Louise Lomax, headteacher, said: “I was originally drawn to the Phonics Fairy materials due to the way phonics learning is imparted through a whole text approach.
“The high quality books drawn together by the Story Time Phonics scheme are all by well-known quality children’s authors.”
Alongside CBeebies stars, Mr Maker and Let’s Play, Michelle’s show is seen by thousands of people every Friday at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
After Michelle told the pupils stories, she signed copies of her books ‘My Pet Snake, The Wishing Dish and The Farmer’s Rat’ while sharing fairy cakes and admiring the Reception children’s displays.
Louise added: “Collectively they provide the pupils with a wealth of exciting vocabulary and whole worlds of imagination, which in turn supports their own creativity.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
For more information on ‘The Phonic Fairy’ visit: www.tts-group.co.uk/StoryTime+Phonics.html