Off timetable day for pre-school school children in Wisbech to focus on wellbeing and mental health
- Credit: Supplied
Pre-school children at Wisbech Grammar School enjoyed an off-timetable day to focus on mental health and wellbeing.
The prep school hosted the awareness day on Friday, January 17 to help them "think and learn about different ways to keep themselves healthy both physically and mentally".
Activities were chosen by staff allowed all children to participate at the level appropriate to their age.
They took part in laughing sessions, colouring, welly walks, meditating or had the opportunity to just sit down, have a chat and a cup of squash.
A school spokesman said: "The health and wellbeing of the children at Wisbech Grammar School is of paramount importance.
You may also want to watch:
"Throughout the year, we strive to provide the children with a happy place to learn, but also look to ways that we can develop the children into life-long happy and healthy men and women.
"A big thank you must go to BookLife in King's Lynn who donated a range of books for children to enjoy reading."
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000