Men flee the scene as uninsured vehicle seized in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
They may have got away just in time, but that did not stop police from seizing a vehicle in a Fenland town.
Two men fled the scene after officers stopped a silver Peugeot 206 in Wellington Terrace, Wisbech last night (Thursday).
After checking the vehicle, it was found to be uninsured and seized at the scene.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police on patrol in Wisbech yesterday saw two men running from a silver Peugeot 206 at about 11.07pm.
“The vehicle was seized for no insurance and recovered.”
Although officers could not find the men, they are giving the driver a second chance.
The spokesperson added: “To collect the vehicle, the owner must attend a police station within 14 days and produce a valid driving licence, insurance details and vehicle log book.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
“Alternatively, another driver with a license and appropriate insurance cover can attend.”