Men flee the scene as uninsured vehicle seized in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
They may have got away just in time, but that did not stop police from seizing a vehicle in a Fenland town.
Two men fled the scene after officers stopped a silver Peugeot 206 in Wellington Terrace, Wisbech last night (Thursday).
After checking the vehicle, it was found to be uninsured and seized at the scene.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police on patrol in Wisbech yesterday saw two men running from a silver Peugeot 206 at about 11.07pm.
“The vehicle was seized for no insurance and recovered.”
Although officers could not find the men, they are giving the driver a second chance.
The spokesperson added: “To collect the vehicle, the owner must attend a police station within 14 days and produce a valid driving licence, insurance details and vehicle log book.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 10 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
“Alternatively, another driver with a license and appropriate insurance cover can attend.”