Men flee the scene as uninsured vehicle seized in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
They may have got away just in time, but that did not stop police from seizing a vehicle in a Fenland town.
Two men fled the scene after officers stopped a silver Peugeot 206 in Wellington Terrace, Wisbech last night (Thursday).
After checking the vehicle, it was found to be uninsured and seized at the scene.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police on patrol in Wisbech yesterday saw two men running from a silver Peugeot 206 at about 11.07pm.
“The vehicle was seized for no insurance and recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
Although officers could not find the men, they are giving the driver a second chance.
The spokesperson added: “To collect the vehicle, the owner must attend a police station within 14 days and produce a valid driving licence, insurance details and vehicle log book.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
“Alternatively, another driver with a license and appropriate insurance cover can attend.”