Men flee the scene as uninsured vehicle seized in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
They may have got away just in time, but that did not stop police from seizing a vehicle in a Fenland town.
Two men fled the scene after officers stopped a silver Peugeot 206 in Wellington Terrace, Wisbech last night (Thursday).
After checking the vehicle, it was found to be uninsured and seized at the scene.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police on patrol in Wisbech yesterday saw two men running from a silver Peugeot 206 at about 11.07pm.
“The vehicle was seized for no insurance and recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
Although officers could not find the men, they are giving the driver a second chance.
The spokesperson added: “To collect the vehicle, the owner must attend a police station within 14 days and produce a valid driving licence, insurance details and vehicle log book.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
“Alternatively, another driver with a license and appropriate insurance cover can attend.”