Meet your local beat bobby
RESIDENTS from the Waterlees and Clarkson areas of Wisbech are being given the chance to attend drop in surgeries to meet with their local officers. The surgeries, which will be every Thursday between 9am and 10am and 2.45pm and 3.45pm at the Oasis Commu
RESIDENTS from the Waterlees and Clarkson areas of Wisbech are being given the chance to attend drop in surgeries to meet with their local officers.
The surgeries, which will be every Thursday between 9am and 10am and 2.45pm and 3.45pm at the Oasis Community Centre, are an opportunity for residents to talk to officers about any crime issues facing them.
Community Contact Officer, Kirsty Miller, will also attend the surgeries on alternate mornings and afternoons, to provide a property marking service and give out crime prevention advice.
Sgt Dave Bax, who has organised the surgeries, said: "The surgeries are a chance for residents to find out more about what is going on in their area to prevent and detect crime.
You may also want to watch:
"There will also be an opportunity for people to have their property marked and get crime prevention advice.
"This is part of ongoing work by the neighbourhood policing team to continue to actively involve the public in the policing of their community and inform them of our work.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
"If follows on from an environmental day of action in the area, the introduction of E-cops to the town and the forthcoming panel meeting to decide on the areas of focus for local officers over the next three months.