Meet Fenland paralympic hero Jody Cundy in Wisbech at our FREE special event on May 21
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy s fantastic career. An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21.
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy's fantastic career.
An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21 to allow people to meet the five-time Paralympic gold medal winner in person.
To request FREE tickets click here.
It will give all people, young and old, from every background the chance to ask a question and get some advice from one of Wisbech's most successful sons.
On Saturday (May 22) there will be an open top bus tour, sponsored by the Wisbech Standard, and will allow admiring residents to wave and cheer Jody through the town.
You may also want to watch:
The events will be part of a tour where Jody will visit schools, community centres and sports clubs to motivate future generations. During his three days back in the Fens will also receive the Freedom of Wisbech at a special ceremony hosted by Wisbech Town Council.
Fenland District Council chief executive Tim Pilsbury said: "We hope as many people as possible will take the opportunity to meet Jody, hear his story and be inspired by it."
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
If you would like to join us at The Boathouse on May 21, please use the form below to email your request for a ticket. Please specify the names of those attending and a contact number for at least one of you. Alternatively please feel free to turn up at the door. Tea and coffee will be available.