Meet Fenland paralympic hero Jody Cundy in Wisbech at our FREE special event on May 21
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy s fantastic career. An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21.
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy's fantastic career.
An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21 to allow people to meet the five-time Paralympic gold medal winner in person.
To request FREE tickets click here.
It will give all people, young and old, from every background the chance to ask a question and get some advice from one of Wisbech's most successful sons.
On Saturday (May 22) there will be an open top bus tour, sponsored by the Wisbech Standard, and will allow admiring residents to wave and cheer Jody through the town.
The events will be part of a tour where Jody will visit schools, community centres and sports clubs to motivate future generations. During his three days back in the Fens will also receive the Freedom of Wisbech at a special ceremony hosted by Wisbech Town Council.
Fenland District Council chief executive Tim Pilsbury said: "We hope as many people as possible will take the opportunity to meet Jody, hear his story and be inspired by it."
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
If you would like to join us at The Boathouse on May 21, please use the form below to email your request for a ticket. Please specify the names of those attending and a contact number for at least one of you. Alternatively please feel free to turn up at the door. Tea and coffee will be available.