Meet Fenland paralympic hero Jody Cundy in Wisbech at our FREE special event on May 21
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy s fantastic career. An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21.
THE Wisbech Standard has joined forces with Fenland District Council to stage a special FREE evening in honour of Jody Cundy's fantastic career.
An Audience with Jody will be held at The Boathouse in Wisbech, on Friday May 21 to allow people to meet the five-time Paralympic gold medal winner in person.
To request FREE tickets click here.
It will give all people, young and old, from every background the chance to ask a question and get some advice from one of Wisbech's most successful sons.
On Saturday (May 22) there will be an open top bus tour, sponsored by the Wisbech Standard, and will allow admiring residents to wave and cheer Jody through the town.
You may also want to watch:
The events will be part of a tour where Jody will visit schools, community centres and sports clubs to motivate future generations. During his three days back in the Fens will also receive the Freedom of Wisbech at a special ceremony hosted by Wisbech Town Council.
Fenland District Council chief executive Tim Pilsbury said: "We hope as many people as possible will take the opportunity to meet Jody, hear his story and be inspired by it."
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
If you would like to join us at The Boathouse on May 21, please use the form below to email your request for a ticket. Please specify the names of those attending and a contact number for at least one of you. Alternatively please feel free to turn up at the door. Tea and coffee will be available.