Media students at CWA celebrate creative success with Worldskills bronze and silver awards
- Credit: Archant
Media students from the College of West Anglia have been awarded for their creativity at a national competition.
Two teams of students achieved silver and bronze at the Video Moving Image Competition at the Worldskills UK final, which was held at the Birmingham NEC.
They were tasked with producing a video based on the theme of ‘future successes and dreams of the future’.
The silver medallists broke their video down into three stages - talking to a child about their aspirations, a teenager about who inspired them as a child, and an adult inspiring the younger generation.
The bronze medallists based their video from the perspective of a child at the skills show, with interviews and animated text, created under strict time limits.
You may also want to watch:
James Stewart, 17, from King’s Lynn, said: “The medals at the end were just a bonus. I think the fact we could apply what we had learnt in the classroom, in such a high-tech professional way, is the biggest thing I’ll take away.”
Callum Hurrell, 17, from Wisbech, said: “It was insane. The pressure was constant but it was a good pressure and we handled it really well. Our teamwork and commitment paid off and we got what we wanted from it.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager