Media students at CWA celebrate creative success with Worldskills bronze and silver awards
- Credit: Archant
Media students from the College of West Anglia have been awarded for their creativity at a national competition.
Two teams of students achieved silver and bronze at the Video Moving Image Competition at the Worldskills UK final, which was held at the Birmingham NEC.
They were tasked with producing a video based on the theme of ‘future successes and dreams of the future’.
The silver medallists broke their video down into three stages - talking to a child about their aspirations, a teenager about who inspired them as a child, and an adult inspiring the younger generation.
The bronze medallists based their video from the perspective of a child at the skills show, with interviews and animated text, created under strict time limits.
You may also want to watch:
James Stewart, 17, from King’s Lynn, said: “The medals at the end were just a bonus. I think the fact we could apply what we had learnt in the classroom, in such a high-tech professional way, is the biggest thing I’ll take away.”
Callum Hurrell, 17, from Wisbech, said: “It was insane. The pressure was constant but it was a good pressure and we handled it really well. Our teamwork and commitment paid off and we got what we wanted from it.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 3 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 4 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 7 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps