Media students at CWA celebrate creative success with Worldskills bronze and silver awards
- Credit: Archant
Media students from the College of West Anglia have been awarded for their creativity at a national competition.
Two teams of students achieved silver and bronze at the Video Moving Image Competition at the Worldskills UK final, which was held at the Birmingham NEC.
They were tasked with producing a video based on the theme of ‘future successes and dreams of the future’.
The silver medallists broke their video down into three stages - talking to a child about their aspirations, a teenager about who inspired them as a child, and an adult inspiring the younger generation.
The bronze medallists based their video from the perspective of a child at the skills show, with interviews and animated text, created under strict time limits.
You may also want to watch:
James Stewart, 17, from King’s Lynn, said: “The medals at the end were just a bonus. I think the fact we could apply what we had learnt in the classroom, in such a high-tech professional way, is the biggest thing I’ll take away.”
Callum Hurrell, 17, from Wisbech, said: “It was insane. The pressure was constant but it was a good pressure and we handled it really well. Our teamwork and commitment paid off and we got what we wanted from it.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening