Media students at CWA celebrate creative success with Worldskills bronze and silver awards
- Credit: Archant
Media students from the College of West Anglia have been awarded for their creativity at a national competition.
Two teams of students achieved silver and bronze at the Video Moving Image Competition at the Worldskills UK final, which was held at the Birmingham NEC.
They were tasked with producing a video based on the theme of ‘future successes and dreams of the future’.
The silver medallists broke their video down into three stages - talking to a child about their aspirations, a teenager about who inspired them as a child, and an adult inspiring the younger generation.
The bronze medallists based their video from the perspective of a child at the skills show, with interviews and animated text, created under strict time limits.
James Stewart, 17, from King’s Lynn, said: “The medals at the end were just a bonus. I think the fact we could apply what we had learnt in the classroom, in such a high-tech professional way, is the biggest thing I’ll take away.”
Callum Hurrell, 17, from Wisbech, said: “It was insane. The pressure was constant but it was a good pressure and we handled it really well. Our teamwork and commitment paid off and we got what we wanted from it.”
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs