Mealworms and waterbugs are on the menu for Wisbech fundraiser Dan
- Credit: Archant
While many of you were tucking into your sandwiches last Saturday lunch time, a courageous fund raiser from Wisbech was getting his teeth into a slightly more exotic dish – mealworms and water bugs, to be precise.
Dan Dare, famed for his eating challenges, got stuck into a whole host of creepy crawlies during a coffee morning at Wisbech Salvation Army Hall on John Thompson Road.
Mr Dare, who raised hundreds of pounds last year by eating one of the world’s hottest curries, chowed down on the insects in front of dozens of on-lookers, including Territorial Envoy, Russell Day.
“Everyone egged Dan on, and he did really well,” said Mr Day. “He ate everything from meal worms to water bugs – which were four inches long – including the wings.”
The coffee morning, alongside Dan’s bug-eating efforts, raised £200, which will go towards the Salvation Army’s youth work.
For more information, visit http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/wisbech.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 4 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys