Mealworms and waterbugs are on the menu for Wisbech fundraiser Dan
- Credit: Archant
While many of you were tucking into your sandwiches last Saturday lunch time, a courageous fund raiser from Wisbech was getting his teeth into a slightly more exotic dish – mealworms and water bugs, to be precise.
Dan Dare, famed for his eating challenges, got stuck into a whole host of creepy crawlies during a coffee morning at Wisbech Salvation Army Hall on John Thompson Road.
Mr Dare, who raised hundreds of pounds last year by eating one of the world’s hottest curries, chowed down on the insects in front of dozens of on-lookers, including Territorial Envoy, Russell Day.
“Everyone egged Dan on, and he did really well,” said Mr Day. “He ate everything from meal worms to water bugs – which were four inches long – including the wings.”
The coffee morning, alongside Dan’s bug-eating efforts, raised £200, which will go towards the Salvation Army’s youth work.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/wisbech.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months