Sasha braves the shave! Meadowgate Academy student donates hair to The Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student at Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech braved the shave and donated 15 inches of her hair to The Little Princess Trust charity.
Sasha Blackford, 19, was inspired to help others after her dad did a parachute jump for charity. She said she was moved by the thought that she could make a “little girl happy” by giving her hair to the charity.
Staff member Tara Smith chopped Sasha’s hair in front of the sixth form on Friday October 6.
Before braving the shave, Sasha said she was feeling nervous but excited having grown her hair for nearly three years.
Sasha’s dad watched as his daughter braved the chop and her friends were very supportive.
You may also want to watch:
Sasha is now sporting a bob hairstyle and says she is thrilled with her new look.
The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs, free of charge, to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk for more information on the charity.