Sasha braves the shave! Meadowgate Academy student donates hair to The Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student at Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech braved the shave and donated 15 inches of her hair to The Little Princess Trust charity.
Sasha Blackford, 19, was inspired to help others after her dad did a parachute jump for charity. She said she was moved by the thought that she could make a “little girl happy” by giving her hair to the charity.
Staff member Tara Smith chopped Sasha’s hair in front of the sixth form on Friday October 6.
Before braving the shave, Sasha said she was feeling nervous but excited having grown her hair for nearly three years.
Sasha’s dad watched as his daughter braved the chop and her friends were very supportive.
Sasha is now sporting a bob hairstyle and says she is thrilled with her new look.
The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs, free of charge, to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk for more information on the charity.