Sasha braves the shave! Meadowgate Academy student donates hair to The Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student at Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech braved the shave and donated 15 inches of her hair to The Little Princess Trust charity.
Sasha Blackford, 19, was inspired to help others after her dad did a parachute jump for charity. She said she was moved by the thought that she could make a “little girl happy” by giving her hair to the charity.
Staff member Tara Smith chopped Sasha’s hair in front of the sixth form on Friday October 6.
Before braving the shave, Sasha said she was feeling nervous but excited having grown her hair for nearly three years.
Sasha’s dad watched as his daughter braved the chop and her friends were very supportive.
You may also want to watch:
Sasha is now sporting a bob hairstyle and says she is thrilled with her new look.
The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs, free of charge, to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
Visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk for more information on the charity.