Sasha braves the shave! Meadowgate Academy student donates hair to The Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student at Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech braved the shave and donated 15 inches of her hair to The Little Princess Trust charity.
Sasha Blackford, 19, was inspired to help others after her dad did a parachute jump for charity. She said she was moved by the thought that she could make a “little girl happy” by giving her hair to the charity.
Staff member Tara Smith chopped Sasha’s hair in front of the sixth form on Friday October 6.
Before braving the shave, Sasha said she was feeling nervous but excited having grown her hair for nearly three years.
Sasha’s dad watched as his daughter braved the chop and her friends were very supportive.
Sasha is now sporting a bob hairstyle and says she is thrilled with her new look.
The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs, free of charge, to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
Visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk for more information on the charity.