Sasha braves the shave! Meadowgate Academy student donates hair to The Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student at Meadowgate Academy in Wisbech braved the shave and donated 15 inches of her hair to The Little Princess Trust charity.
Sasha Blackford, 19, was inspired to help others after her dad did a parachute jump for charity. She said she was moved by the thought that she could make a “little girl happy” by giving her hair to the charity.
Staff member Tara Smith chopped Sasha’s hair in front of the sixth form on Friday October 6.
Before braving the shave, Sasha said she was feeling nervous but excited having grown her hair for nearly three years.
Sasha’s dad watched as his daughter braved the chop and her friends were very supportive.
You may also want to watch:
Sasha is now sporting a bob hairstyle and says she is thrilled with her new look.
The Little Princess Trust provides real-hair wigs, free of charge, to boys and girls that have lost their own hair through cancer treatment and other illnesses.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk for more information on the charity.