A day at Disneyland Paris, lunch beneath the Eiffel Tower and a cruise along the River Seine - trip to France is a hit with Meadowgate Academy sixth formers
- Credit: Archant
Visits to Disneyland Paris and the Eiffel Tower were just two of many activities enjoyed by Meadowgate Academy students on their residential trip to France.
Fifteen sixth formers were accompanied by eight staff for the week-long trip to the PGL Grande-Romaine chateau located outside Paris.
The group explored the market of the small town of Fontainebleau, completing a town trail and shopping challenge which required them to speak a little French.
They ate lunch beneath the Eiffel Tower, took a cruise along the River Seine and climbed up to the Sacre Coeur basilica in Montmartre. Back at the chateau, students enjoyed making crepes, taking part in a mini Olympics, swimming and a disco.
The final day was spent at Disneyland where the students enjoyed the rides and the parade.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Bird, sith form co-ordinator, said: “We are so proud of the students who experienced everything (including eating snails) with enthusiasm and have made memories which will last them a lifetime. They were a credit to the academy.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021