McDonald’s to fully shut all restaurants across Cambridgeshire amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Fastfood chain McDonald’s - who have a restaurant in Wisbech – will fully close all their eateries across Cambridgeshire and the UK from tonight.
McDonald’s say it was a “difficult decision” to shut every restaurant from 7pm on Monday, March 23 due to the ongoing wide-spread coronavirus pandemic.
The closure will make an impact on Wisbech where they have an eat-in and drive-through restaurant – both of which will be shut until further notice.
A spokesman said: “This is not a decision we are taking lightly, but one made with the well-being and safety of our employees in mind as well as in the best interest of our customers.
“We will work with local community groups to responsibly distribute food and drink from our restaurants in the coming days.”
You may also want to watch:
McDonald’s originally closed the eat-in section in some of their restaurants as the COVID-19 virus began to sweep through the UK – using just the drive-through for orders.
The spokesman added: “Thank you to our brilliant employees for their hard work during this incredibly challenging time.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
“We look forward to seeing you all again as soon as it is safe for us to reopen.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org