Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney hosts successful Civic Service
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wisbech took to his blog to toast a successful evening at the town’s Civic Service yesterday.
Councillor Steve Tierney admitted that he had been “sweating over this one for weeks,” but later said it was a day he was “immensely proud of”.
Cllr Tierney and Mayoress Marie Tierney welcomed mayors from across Fenland and other dignitaries to the Parish Church of St Peter and Paul before offering food and refreshments after the service.
Cllr Tierney said: “It is for others to judge whether I succeeded, but I feel pretty good about it all. I think it went very well indeed and I couldn’t really have asked for more.
“Thanks to all the Mayors and Mayoresses, Chairman and Vice-all-the-aboves who travelled to Wisbech, capital of the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
“You were very welcome in our lovely town and I hope to see you at other events in the near future.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured