Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney hosts successful Civic Service
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wisbech took to his blog to toast a successful evening at the town’s Civic Service yesterday.
Councillor Steve Tierney admitted that he had been “sweating over this one for weeks,” but later said it was a day he was “immensely proud of”.
Cllr Tierney and Mayoress Marie Tierney welcomed mayors from across Fenland and other dignitaries to the Parish Church of St Peter and Paul before offering food and refreshments after the service.
Cllr Tierney said: “It is for others to judge whether I succeeded, but I feel pretty good about it all. I think it went very well indeed and I couldn’t really have asked for more.
“Thanks to all the Mayors and Mayoresses, Chairman and Vice-all-the-aboves who travelled to Wisbech, capital of the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
“You were very welcome in our lovely town and I hope to see you at other events in the near future.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter