Mayor of Wisbech Councillor Steve Tierney hosts successful Civic Service
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Wisbech took to his blog to toast a successful evening at the town’s Civic Service yesterday.
Councillor Steve Tierney admitted that he had been “sweating over this one for weeks,” but later said it was a day he was “immensely proud of”.
Cllr Tierney and Mayoress Marie Tierney welcomed mayors from across Fenland and other dignitaries to the Parish Church of St Peter and Paul before offering food and refreshments after the service.
Cllr Tierney said: “It is for others to judge whether I succeeded, but I feel pretty good about it all. I think it went very well indeed and I couldn’t really have asked for more.
“Thanks to all the Mayors and Mayoresses, Chairman and Vice-all-the-aboves who travelled to Wisbech, capital of the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
“You were very welcome in our lovely town and I hope to see you at other events in the near future.”
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online