Mayor enjoys delights of school nativity ‘A Gift for a King’
THE Mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Jonathan Farmer and the Town Beadle Alister Hopkins, were special guests at Orchards C. of E. Primary School.
They watched this year’s Nativity ‘A Gift for the King’ performed by children from Nursery, Reception and Year 1.
Each and every child sang with enthusiasm as the story of the birth of Jesus was retold by the confident narrators to a full house of parents, carers and friends.
Monies raised at each performance from the raffle and refreshments will contribute to the ongoing fundraising project to purchase and fit out an outside playhouse for the children in the nursery class.
The Mayor and Beadle took time out to meet with the children and pass on a special ‘well done’.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Helen Williams, head teacher, said that she was delighted that they were able to take time out from their busy schedule to watch the production and wanted to thank the staff for their hard work and for parents and carers for their help with the beautiful costumes.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare