Mayor enjoys delights of school nativity ‘A Gift for a King’
THE Mayor of Wisbech, Cllr Jonathan Farmer and the Town Beadle Alister Hopkins, were special guests at Orchards C. of E. Primary School.
They watched this year’s Nativity ‘A Gift for the King’ performed by children from Nursery, Reception and Year 1.
Each and every child sang with enthusiasm as the story of the birth of Jesus was retold by the confident narrators to a full house of parents, carers and friends.
Monies raised at each performance from the raffle and refreshments will contribute to the ongoing fundraising project to purchase and fit out an outside playhouse for the children in the nursery class.
The Mayor and Beadle took time out to meet with the children and pass on a special ‘well done’.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Helen Williams, head teacher, said that she was delighted that they were able to take time out from their busy schedule to watch the production and wanted to thank the staff for their hard work and for parents and carers for their help with the beautiful costumes.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident