Masquerade ball raises £1,000 towards upkeep of Wisbech Queen Mary Centre
- Credit: Archant
A masquerade ball held at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech raised more than £1,000 towards it’s upkeep.
Residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages arrived in all their glamour for the themed Bank Holiday ball.
Each guest received a complimentary welcome drink, canapés and a bottle of wine.
Live entertainment came from Alan Vybiral, who filled the floor with his Blue’s Brothers tribute.
There were also fundraising games throughout the evening including air hockey and a raffle, with most guests winning a prize.
Nicola Knowles, Queen Mary Centre manager, said: “Thank you to all who helped us deliver this truly amazing event. “Everyone had such a great time and both the venue and guests looked stunning.
“With the support of our local community we raised funds for the centre whilst dancing the night away to some great music and superb performances from our home-grown artists.”
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
For information about events at the Queen Mary Centre visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk