Masquerade ball raises £1,000 towards upkeep of Wisbech Queen Mary Centre
- Credit: Archant
A masquerade ball held at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech raised more than £1,000 towards it’s upkeep.
Residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages arrived in all their glamour for the themed Bank Holiday ball.
Each guest received a complimentary welcome drink, canapés and a bottle of wine.
Live entertainment came from Alan Vybiral, who filled the floor with his Blue’s Brothers tribute.
There were also fundraising games throughout the evening including air hockey and a raffle, with most guests winning a prize.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Knowles, Queen Mary Centre manager, said: “Thank you to all who helped us deliver this truly amazing event. “Everyone had such a great time and both the venue and guests looked stunning.
“With the support of our local community we raised funds for the centre whilst dancing the night away to some great music and superb performances from our home-grown artists.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
For information about events at the Queen Mary Centre visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk