Masquerade ball raises £1,000 towards upkeep of Wisbech Queen Mary Centre
- Credit: Archant
A masquerade ball held at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech raised more than £1,000 towards it’s upkeep.
Residents of Wisbech and the surrounding villages arrived in all their glamour for the themed Bank Holiday ball.
Each guest received a complimentary welcome drink, canapés and a bottle of wine.
Live entertainment came from Alan Vybiral, who filled the floor with his Blue’s Brothers tribute.
There were also fundraising games throughout the evening including air hockey and a raffle, with most guests winning a prize.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Knowles, Queen Mary Centre manager, said: “Thank you to all who helped us deliver this truly amazing event. “Everyone had such a great time and both the venue and guests looked stunning.
“With the support of our local community we raised funds for the centre whilst dancing the night away to some great music and superb performances from our home-grown artists.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Thieves conspired to steal over £1million worth of high-end luxury cars
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 8 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
For information about events at the Queen Mary Centre visit www.queenmarycentre.co.uk