Masked robbers threaten worker with metal bar before dragging ATM from Wisbech store
MASKED robbers threatened a worker with a metal bar before dragging an ATM from a Wisbech store.
The balaclava-clad men entered Seyon Store in Norwich Road just before 10pm last Tuesday and warned off a member of staff with the weapon.
The offenders then attached a rope around the ATM before dragging it out of the store and into a vehicle, believed to be a red and grey Daihatsu Fourtrak, which had been stolen from the town earlier in the day.
Det Con Jon Edwards said: “This appears to have been a planned robbery where the offenders brazenly walked into a shop and stole a cash machine.
“A man working in the store tried to confront them but was threatened with a weapon.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with any information about the incident to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call Det Con Edwards on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden