Masked robbers threaten worker with metal bar before dragging ATM from Wisbech store
MASKED robbers threatened a worker with a metal bar before dragging an ATM from a Wisbech store.
The balaclava-clad men entered Seyon Store in Norwich Road just before 10pm last Tuesday and warned off a member of staff with the weapon.
The offenders then attached a rope around the ATM before dragging it out of the store and into a vehicle, believed to be a red and grey Daihatsu Fourtrak, which had been stolen from the town earlier in the day.
Det Con Jon Edwards said: “This appears to have been a planned robbery where the offenders brazenly walked into a shop and stole a cash machine.
“A man working in the store tried to confront them but was threatened with a weapon.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with any information about the incident to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call Det Con Edwards on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week