‘The Pink Ladies’ race for former player in charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A group of hockey players from Marshland High School were sporting pink to help fundraise for a former player.
Members of 'The Pink Ladies' school hockey team raced in Saturday's King's Lynn Parkrun event amid a chorus of cheers to raise money for various causes, including for an ex-player who was diagnosed with cancer.
The team of approximately 20 girls covered a total distance of 60 miles alongside PE teacher and coach, Paul Swinburn, as they also raised funds for local side Pelicans Hockey Club and other schools in the Wisbech area, accumulating over £1,000 in the process.
Although some found it harder work than others, the team never stopped smiling whilst giving up their time to help others.
Paul said: "I am very proud of this bunch of girls, who have yet again given their personal time for others and have done so with such enthusiasm at the end of a very long school year.
You may also want to watch:
"We wanted to support a local girl who developed cancer at such a young age of 20.
"My girls found out she used to be a player for the same Pink Ladies team as theirs and they just wanted to help - to show that they were thinking of her and that they cared."
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 10 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training