Marie Curie looking for volunteers in Wisbech to help with The Great Daffodil Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A charity is on the lookout for volunteers in Wisbech for their annual appeal.
Marie Curie needs volunteers to encourage people in the local community to give a donation and wear a daffodil pin.
The money raised from the Great Daffodil Appeal, which takes place next month, will help Marie Curie Nurses care for people with a terminal illness in their own home.
Holly Vasey, community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire, said: “The Great Daffodil Appeal makes it possible for Marie Curie Nurses to provide free hands-on care for people with a terminal illness.
“Every March millions of people across the UK show their support for our work by simply giving a donation to wear a daffodil pin.
You may also want to watch:
“We need as many people as possible to donate their time to help us make sure everyone is wearing a daffodil pin, so we can continue providing this vital care for local people.”
Gordon Taylor, of Wisbech, said: “I collected for the Great Daffodil Appeal for the first time last year and I really felt like I was making a difference.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
“So many people approach you to tell you about the support they’ve received from Marie Curie Nurses and the difference it made.
“It was a great feeling when we counted up all the coins at the end of the day and saw how much we’d raised. It’s nice to know you’re helping other people.”
To volunteer to collect for Marie Curie and support the Great Daffodil Appeal call 0845 601 3107 or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil.