Marie Curie looking for volunteers in Wisbech to help with The Great Daffodil Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A charity is on the lookout for volunteers in Wisbech for their annual appeal.
Marie Curie needs volunteers to encourage people in the local community to give a donation and wear a daffodil pin.
The money raised from the Great Daffodil Appeal, which takes place next month, will help Marie Curie Nurses care for people with a terminal illness in their own home.
Holly Vasey, community fundraiser for Marie Curie in Cambridgeshire, said: “The Great Daffodil Appeal makes it possible for Marie Curie Nurses to provide free hands-on care for people with a terminal illness.
“Every March millions of people across the UK show their support for our work by simply giving a donation to wear a daffodil pin.
You may also want to watch:
“We need as many people as possible to donate their time to help us make sure everyone is wearing a daffodil pin, so we can continue providing this vital care for local people.”
Gordon Taylor, of Wisbech, said: “I collected for the Great Daffodil Appeal for the first time last year and I really felt like I was making a difference.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
“So many people approach you to tell you about the support they’ve received from Marie Curie Nurses and the difference it made.
“It was a great feeling when we counted up all the coins at the end of the day and saw how much we’d raised. It’s nice to know you’re helping other people.”
To volunteer to collect for Marie Curie and support the Great Daffodil Appeal call 0845 601 3107 or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil.