MARCH: Woman raising funds to buy equipment for British Heart Foundation.
A MARCH woman is raising funds to buy vital equipment used by British Heart Foundation Nurses who visit patients in the community. Maureen Plater knows how valuable the service is because it enabled her husband Michael to spend the last months of his life
A MARCH woman is raising funds to buy vital equipment used by British Heart Foundation Nurses who visit patients in the community.
Maureen Plater knows how valuable the service is because it enabled her husband Michael to spend the last months of his life at home rather than hospital.
Michael died aged 63 after being ill for several years and when Maureen discovered the nurses who are based at Doddington Hospital urgently need portable ECG machines she decided to help.
A Christmas quiz raised �430 and other fundraising activities are being planned. Winner of the quiz was Mrs C Hill of Manea who receives a �50 prize.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen said: "The nurses were such a major support to me as well as to Michael, they look after partners as well as the patient. When I heard they were struggling for equipment I decided to help.
"It is one way to keep patients in their own homes and out of hospital. They can take blood pressure, check oxygen levels and liaise with doctors and consultants if necessary."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
Maureen is hoping to raise around �1,000 and would like to hear from anyone who can hold fundraisers or wants to give a donation, Tel 07947 066540.