Healthy turnout at beginners event praised by triathlon club
- Credit: March Triathlon Club
March Triathlon Club hailed a successful open event in aid of charity.
A healthy turnout was in attendance at the annual GOtri event at George Campbell Leisure Centre on City Road on September 12, where beginners took on their first triathlon.
Adults and children both took part in the challenge, ranging from 150m to a 300m swim, 20 or 40-minute spinning class followed by a one or two-lap run of West End Park.
A March Triathlon Club spokesperson said: “The club had a static display of bikes and triathlon equipment located next to the skate park in West End Park.
“The main aim for the club was to see new members join, with several enquiries from the public.
“From the club's point of view, the event was deemed a great success.”
In total, 75 per cent of all proceeds from the event will be given to a local charity.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
March Triathlon Club would like to thank George Campbell Leisure Centre and Freedom Leisure for use of the pool and spinning room.
The club meets on Tuesday evenings at the George Campbell at 8.15pm. For more details, email Martyn Lancaster at: Marchtriathlonclub@gmx.co.uk.