MARCH: Tommy Walsh sees his eco dream crash home make just £115,000 at auction
CELEBRITY DIY builder Tommy Walsh was nursing a financial headache today after seeing his dream eco house in March sold at auction for £65,000 LESS than he had first marketed it. It was a nervous time for Tommy as the Church Street, March, came up for auc
CELEBRITY DIY builder Tommy Walsh was nursing a financial headache today after seeing his dream eco house in March sold at auction for £65,000 LESS than he had first marketed it.
It was a nervous time for Tommy as the Church Street, March, came up for auction in London yesterday as lot 31 with a guide price of £100,000-£120,000 but with the hope it would fetch much more.
In the event Strettons auctioneers put the property under the hammer for just £115,000.
"The whole project including decor, fitted kitchen, landscaping, etc. cost over £175,000 to build," he said.
You may also want to watch:
He said he put the eco project "down to experience" and said he had achieved what he set out to do in terms of building a greener home for today's home buyers.
"At least I can say I built a house I can be proud of," he added.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
The newly detached house in Church Street, March, was acclaimed as the most energy efficient house in the Fens and includes a host of eco-friendly features, including an air source heat pump, a water harvester system and solar panels.
Featured in the magazine 25 Beautiful Homes, the property has two bedrooms, a study area, bathroom, wet room, lounge and fully-fitted kitchen. It also has front and rear gardens, off-street parking and a bespoke water feature.