MARCH: Tommy Walsh sees his eco dream crash home make just £115,000 at auction
CELEBRITY DIY builder Tommy Walsh was nursing a financial headache today after seeing his dream eco house in March sold at auction for £65,000 LESS than he had first marketed it. It was a nervous time for Tommy as the Church Street, March, came up for auc
CELEBRITY DIY builder Tommy Walsh was nursing a financial headache today after seeing his dream eco house in March sold at auction for £65,000 LESS than he had first marketed it.
It was a nervous time for Tommy as the Church Street, March, came up for auction in London yesterday as lot 31 with a guide price of £100,000-£120,000 but with the hope it would fetch much more.
In the event Strettons auctioneers put the property under the hammer for just £115,000.
"The whole project including decor, fitted kitchen, landscaping, etc. cost over £175,000 to build," he said.
You may also want to watch:
He said he put the eco project "down to experience" and said he had achieved what he set out to do in terms of building a greener home for today's home buyers.
"At least I can say I built a house I can be proud of," he added.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
The newly detached house in Church Street, March, was acclaimed as the most energy efficient house in the Fens and includes a host of eco-friendly features, including an air source heat pump, a water harvester system and solar panels.
Featured in the magazine 25 Beautiful Homes, the property has two bedrooms, a study area, bathroom, wet room, lounge and fully-fitted kitchen. It also has front and rear gardens, off-street parking and a bespoke water feature.