MARCH: Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after industrial accident at skip yard
WEB EXCLUSIVE A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday). Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Ave
A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Avenue, at 2.45pm.
A 21-year-old man was found unconscious, trapped under a car on the site. He suffered serious head injuries.
Fire crews from March and Peterborough - as well as police, the Health and Safety Executive, a land ambulance and the air ambulance - were on the scene.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: "We used specialist equipment, including spreaders, to lift the car up and release the casualty.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
"Throughout the whole process we worked closely with paramedics and the air ambulance doctors who were on the scene."
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was being taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, via a police escort.
The chairman of Singh Skips, Raj Singh, is currently liaising with the Health and Safety Executive to identify the cause of the accident. He was unavailable for comment.