MARCH: Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after industrial accident at skip yard
WEB EXCLUSIVE A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday). Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Ave
A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Avenue, at 2.45pm.
A 21-year-old man was found unconscious, trapped under a car on the site. He suffered serious head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from March and Peterborough - as well as police, the Health and Safety Executive, a land ambulance and the air ambulance - were on the scene.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: "We used specialist equipment, including spreaders, to lift the car up and release the casualty.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
"Throughout the whole process we worked closely with paramedics and the air ambulance doctors who were on the scene."
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was being taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, via a police escort.
The chairman of Singh Skips, Raj Singh, is currently liaising with the Health and Safety Executive to identify the cause of the accident. He was unavailable for comment.