MARCH: Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after industrial accident at skip yard
WEB EXCLUSIVE A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday). Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Ave
A MAN has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after an industrial accident at a March skip yard this afternoon (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to Singh Skips, based at the Lion House in Hostmoor Avenue, at 2.45pm.
A 21-year-old man was found unconscious, trapped under a car on the site. He suffered serious head injuries.
Fire crews from March and Peterborough - as well as police, the Health and Safety Executive, a land ambulance and the air ambulance - were on the scene.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: "We used specialist equipment, including spreaders, to lift the car up and release the casualty.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
"Throughout the whole process we worked closely with paramedics and the air ambulance doctors who were on the scene."
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was being taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, via a police escort.
The chairman of Singh Skips, Raj Singh, is currently liaising with the Health and Safety Executive to identify the cause of the accident. He was unavailable for comment.