MARCH MAN CHARGED WITH EX PARTNER'S MURDER 14 YEARS AGO IN N IRELAND
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge. On Monday, however, William Mawhinn
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge.
On Monday, however, William Mawhinney was re-arrested at his Highfield Road home and today appeared in court in Northern Ireland.
Mawhinney, 49, was heavily guarded for his two-minute appearance at Ballymena Magistrates Court as the charge was put to him. He was remanded in custody to reappear at a later date.
Serious Crime Branch detectives from the Police Service of Northern Ireland were assisted by Cambs detectives during the arrest of Mawhinney.
You may also want to watch:
The woman he is accused of murdering was a mother of two, who was found death in the bath at her Ballymena, County Antrim, home.
Mawhinney was said in court to be the former partner of the female victim. A detective told the court he could connect the defendant with the charge.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again