MARCH MAN CHARGED WITH EX PARTNER'S MURDER 14 YEARS AGO IN N IRELAND
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge. On Monday, however, William Mawhinn
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge.
On Monday, however, William Mawhinney was re-arrested at his Highfield Road home and today appeared in court in Northern Ireland.
Mawhinney, 49, was heavily guarded for his two-minute appearance at Ballymena Magistrates Court as the charge was put to him. He was remanded in custody to reappear at a later date.
Serious Crime Branch detectives from the Police Service of Northern Ireland were assisted by Cambs detectives during the arrest of Mawhinney.
You may also want to watch:
The woman he is accused of murdering was a mother of two, who was found death in the bath at her Ballymena, County Antrim, home.
Mawhinney was said in court to be the former partner of the female victim. A detective told the court he could connect the defendant with the charge.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project