MARCH MAN CHARGED WITH EX PARTNER'S MURDER 14 YEARS AGO IN N IRELAND
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge. On Monday, however, William Mawhinn
A MAN has been arrested in March accused of the murder of his partner 14 years ago in Northern Ireland. He had originally been questioned over the brutal murder of 36 year-old Lorraine Mills but released without charge.
On Monday, however, William Mawhinney was re-arrested at his Highfield Road home and today appeared in court in Northern Ireland.
Mawhinney, 49, was heavily guarded for his two-minute appearance at Ballymena Magistrates Court as the charge was put to him. He was remanded in custody to reappear at a later date.
Serious Crime Branch detectives from the Police Service of Northern Ireland were assisted by Cambs detectives during the arrest of Mawhinney.
You may also want to watch:
The woman he is accused of murdering was a mother of two, who was found death in the bath at her Ballymena, County Antrim, home.
Mawhinney was said in court to be the former partner of the female victim. A detective told the court he could connect the defendant with the charge.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out