MARCH: Man charged after dramatic car pursuiit in Fenland town
A MAN has been charged after a police pursuit through the streets of March last night (Wednesday). The 26 year-old, from Elm, is due before Fenland magistrates on April 29 charged with: * Driving with excess alcohol * Dangerous driving * Failure to stop fo
A MAN has been charged after a police pursuit through the streets of March last night (Wednesday).
The 26 year-old, from Elm, is due before Fenland magistrates on April 29 charged with:
* Driving with excess alcohol
* Dangerous driving
You may also want to watch:
* Failure to stop for police
* Driving other than in accordance with his licence
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
* Driving with no insurance
A police spokesman said the pursuit began after a car was seen driving erratically in the St John's area of the town and refused to stop when asked to do by police. A pursuit began and the car was eventually pulled over. Six people were arrested at the scene but the police spokesman confirmed that five have now been released without charge.
Witnesses say a police helicopter was seen over the town at the time of the incident but the police spokesman was unable to confirm what role, if any, it played in helping to stop the vehicle.