MARCH: Man charged after dramatic car pursuiit in Fenland town
A MAN has been charged after a police pursuit through the streets of March last night (Wednesday). The 26 year-old, from Elm, is due before Fenland magistrates on April 29 charged with: * Driving with excess alcohol * Dangerous driving * Failure to stop fo
A MAN has been charged after a police pursuit through the streets of March last night (Wednesday).
The 26 year-old, from Elm, is due before Fenland magistrates on April 29 charged with:
* Driving with excess alcohol
* Dangerous driving
You may also want to watch:
* Failure to stop for police
* Driving other than in accordance with his licence
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
* Driving with no insurance
A police spokesman said the pursuit began after a car was seen driving erratically in the St John's area of the town and refused to stop when asked to do by police. A pursuit began and the car was eventually pulled over. Six people were arrested at the scene but the police spokesman confirmed that five have now been released without charge.
Witnesses say a police helicopter was seen over the town at the time of the incident but the police spokesman was unable to confirm what role, if any, it played in helping to stop the vehicle.