Over 60 golfers participate in golf club event
- Credit: March Golf Club
It’s one of the highlights of the diary at March Golf Club – and over 60 members took part in the President’s Day Cup 2022.
The event, which was held yesterday (Sunday), was hosted by the club’s current president Carolyn Morton at the Grange Road Course.
She said “It was lovely to see so many members out playing, it was a really good day.”
Derek Wisbey won the competition with 41 stableford points, with Dawn Robinson coming second with 39 points and Gary Neugebauer in third place with 38 points.
There were also prizes for nearest the pin and longest drive.
The presentation evening was also considered a great success.
Money raised from the raffle will go towards the Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough and a March Golf Club project to improve the practice area.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
More information about March Golf Club is available on its website.