March designer creates election themed furniture set
FOR any election candidate tonight will be tiring, exhausting and emotional. And with a frantic few weeks of door knocking behind her and a long night ahead, North East Cambridgeshire s Liberal Democrat candidate Lorna Spenceley enjoyed a quick sit down
FOR any election candidate tonight will be tiring, exhausting and emotional.
And with a frantic few weeks of door knocking behind her and a long night ahead, North East Cambridgeshire's Liberal Democrat candidate Lorna Spenceley enjoyed a quick sit down this afternoon - on a special ballot box stool.
The stools have been designed by 25-year-old March woman Amy Vinn.
Miss Vinn has created a special election-themed furniture set, with lamp shades, chairs and tables, all created in the same bright, retro inspired colours.
You may also want to watch:
They all use fabric, imported from America, with a 'V for victory' logo on.
Miss Vinn won Cabinet Maker magazine's Young Designer of the Year Award last year for her Liquorice All Sorts-themed furniture set.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
She has since spent three months working in Italy and also been exhibiting at the NEC in Birmingham.
Miss Vinn, who teaches a furniture course part-time at the College of West Anglia in Wisbech, said: "I picked up a few old ballot boxes from the council for a couple of quid each and created this set - I often have quirky and original ideas."
She added: "I am a Liberal Democrat voter, so I called Lorna Spenceley and I'm glad she was able to come along and promote the project."
Ms Spenceley said: "I think these stools are great - they are bright and imaginative and it's a good way to use an old ballot box.
"I'm told that the results won't be announced until about 2am, so it seems that I've got a long night ahead."
Miss Vinn's work can be purchased from the website amyvinndesign.com.
• To comment on this story, or anything concerning the General Election, visit our LIVE discussion page by clicking here.