MANEA: Time is running out as emigrating owners hunt for new home for Pippin
TIME is running out for Pippin the cat. His owners are setting off for a new life in New Zealand next week, and he desperately needs a new home. He is absolutely fantastic, and it will break my heart to leave him, said Kerrie Evans, who is emigrating to
TIME is running out for Pippin the cat. His owners are setting off for a new life in New Zealand next week, and he desperately needs a new home.
"He is absolutely fantastic, and it will break my heart to leave him," said Kerrie Evans, who is emigrating to Auckland with her husband Stephen and 21-month old son Reuben.
"I want to find him a really good home where he will be happy, but time is short, we have to find somewhere by Monday evening."
Eight-year-old Pippin is a rescue cat, and is both affectionate and totally independent, said Kerrie, who lives in Manea.
You may also want to watch:
"He gets on really well with my son, and loves to have his tummy tickled," she said.
"Pippin is very patient and calm, but unfortunately there is no way he can come with us. Most landlords will not allow pets, and I would not want him to go through quarantine. He loves living near the fields.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
"I really do hope that someone can give Pippin a new home. He comes with everything, his bed, bowls and cat carrier. He needs a home where there are no other cats or dogs; he loves to be the only one.