Manager praises dedicated staff after Murrow Pre-School gets “outstanding” Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Murrow Pre-School has been rated as “outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted.
The pre-school, which was rated as “good” in its previous inspection, is praised for the quality of its teaching and the progress made by the children. The partnership between staff and parents is “exemplary”, which has an “excellent” impact on children’s progress.
The report said: “Teaching is excellent. Staff know how to engage with children in a playful manner and promote learning through demonstration, prompting and questioning. As a result, children concentrate well on chosen tasks and make outstanding progress with their overall development.
“Staff provide a highly-stimulating environment for children both inside and outside. This means children arrive excitedly at pre-school and are enthusiastic to start playing and learning about things that interest them.
“Children can play and learn without fear of harm. The manager demonstrates outstanding leadership skills and has great determination in driving improvements forward.
You may also want to watch:
“The excellent practice at the pre-school is frequently shared with others. Therefore, improved outcomes for children are promoted throughout the local area.
“Excellent professional management systems are in place to support staff to continually improve their skills and knowledge.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
“This close scrutiny of staff’s performances has a high impact on the ever improving quality of teaching and, therefore, the experiences for all children.”
Manager Wendy Hopkin said: “We couldn’t have asked for a better result, to be outstanding in all areas is such an achievement.
“I would like to thank all the staff for all their dedication and commitment to the preschool. I feel the report really highlighted the high standard of care that we give the children each and every day.
“I’d also like to thank parents and committee for working together with us and also the children for making everyday fun and a pleasure to come to work.”