Man who had no underwear caught stealing pants from QD store in Wisbech
HOMELESS and without a pair of pants to his name, shoplifter Ladislav Hajtman helped himself to a pack of briefs from a Wisbech store. But the alarm was activated as 48-year-old Hajtman – who lives in a local park -- walked out with the �4.99 pack of unde
HOMELESS and without a pair of pants to his name, shoplifter Ladislav Hajtman helped himself to a pack of briefs from a Wisbech store.
But the alarm was activated as 48-year-old Hajtman - who lives in a local park - walked out with the �4.99 pack of underwear, and he was challenged by staff from QD.
"He went into the store to warm up, but saw the items and took them because he had no underwear," Fenland magistrates were told by solicitor Charlotte Winchester.
"It was an impulsive and unsophisticated offence, the stolen items were of low value, and were recovered."
You may also want to watch:
Hajtman admitted stealing the briefs on November 2, and breaching an earlier conditional discharge he was given for urinating in public. He was fined a total of �100, but was ordered to serve one day's detention at the court in lieu of payment.
The court was told that Hajtman is due to leave the UK on November 22, he has a ticket provided by the Polish Catholic Church.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash