Man who had no underwear caught stealing pants from QD store in Wisbech
HOMELESS and without a pair of pants to his name, shoplifter Ladislav Hajtman helped himself to a pack of briefs from a Wisbech store. But the alarm was activated as 48-year-old Hajtman – who lives in a local park -- walked out with the �4.99 pack of unde
HOMELESS and without a pair of pants to his name, shoplifter Ladislav Hajtman helped himself to a pack of briefs from a Wisbech store.
But the alarm was activated as 48-year-old Hajtman - who lives in a local park - walked out with the �4.99 pack of underwear, and he was challenged by staff from QD.
"He went into the store to warm up, but saw the items and took them because he had no underwear," Fenland magistrates were told by solicitor Charlotte Winchester.
"It was an impulsive and unsophisticated offence, the stolen items were of low value, and were recovered."
You may also want to watch:
Hajtman admitted stealing the briefs on November 2, and breaching an earlier conditional discharge he was given for urinating in public. He was fined a total of �100, but was ordered to serve one day's detention at the court in lieu of payment.
The court was told that Hajtman is due to leave the UK on November 22, he has a ticket provided by the Polish Catholic Church.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors