Man treated for serious head injuries after suspected assualt at Rose and Crown Hotel
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night. The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition. Police officers were flag
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night.
The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition.
Police officers were flagged down by members of the public just after midnight last night.
It is believed the man may have been assaulted outside the hotel between 11.30pm and midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Brunning said: "At this stage of the investigation the circumstances surrounding this incident are not clear and we are making enquires to determine how this man sustained these injuries.
"There were a number of people in the hotel late last night and I would ask that they get in touch with us as they may have vital information.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
"In particular we are keen to hear from anyone who was in the Nene Quay area close to the hotel, which is where this man was found."
Anyone with information should contact DCI Brunning at March Police Station on 0345 456456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.