Man treated for serious head injuries after suspected assualt at Rose and Crown Hotel
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night. The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition. Police officers were flag
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night.
The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition.
Police officers were flagged down by members of the public just after midnight last night.
It is believed the man may have been assaulted outside the hotel between 11.30pm and midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Brunning said: "At this stage of the investigation the circumstances surrounding this incident are not clear and we are making enquires to determine how this man sustained these injuries.
"There were a number of people in the hotel late last night and I would ask that they get in touch with us as they may have vital information.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
"In particular we are keen to hear from anyone who was in the Nene Quay area close to the hotel, which is where this man was found."
Anyone with information should contact DCI Brunning at March Police Station on 0345 456456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.