Man treated for serious head injuries after suspected assualt at Rose and Crown Hotel
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night. The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition. Police officers were flag
A MAN is being treated for serious head injuries following a suspected assault outside the Rose and Crown Hotel in Wisbech last night.
The man, who has not yet been identified, is currently in hospital and in a stable condition.
Police officers were flagged down by members of the public just after midnight last night.
It is believed the man may have been assaulted outside the hotel between 11.30pm and midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Brunning said: "At this stage of the investigation the circumstances surrounding this incident are not clear and we are making enquires to determine how this man sustained these injuries.
"There were a number of people in the hotel late last night and I would ask that they get in touch with us as they may have vital information.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
"In particular we are keen to hear from anyone who was in the Nene Quay area close to the hotel, which is where this man was found."
Anyone with information should contact DCI Brunning at March Police Station on 0345 456456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.