Man remanded in custody for having sex with his former wife- in breach of bail conditions
A MAN was remanded in custody today for breaching bail conditions by having sex with his former wife. Peter Chilton had been banned from contacting Kerry Chilton as a condition of his bail – but he flouted the rules by contacting her by text message, and
A MAN was remanded in custody today for breaching bail conditions by having sex with his former wife.
Peter Chilton had been banned from contacting Kerry Chilton as a condition of his bail - but he flouted the rules by contacting her by text message, and becoming intimate during a visit to her home.
Appearing in custody before Fenland magistrates, Chilton, 32, admitted breaching his bail conditions.
He agreed he had sent 15 text messages to Kerry Chilton, and had visited her on one occasion. He denied three more alleged breaches, and having sex with Kerry Chilton.
You may also want to watch:
But the court decided that Chilton was guilty of all allegations made by his former partner.
"There are details in there that we don't believe she made up," said the presiding magistrate.
- 1 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 2 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 7 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 10 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
At an earlier court hearing, Chilton, of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, had been sent for trial before Cambridge Crown Court.
He is accused of assaulting Kerry Chilton on November 15, causing her actual bodily harm.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon - in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa - in John Bends Way at Parson Drove on the same date.
Chilton is also accused of driving the car while disqualified, and without insurance, at John Bends Way on November 15
Chilton and his 61-year-old father, both of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, are both accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
As a condition of their bail, both men are banned from contacting witnesses or going to John Bends Way in Parson Drove or Pentelow Close, Murrow.
Chilton was remanded in custody until he is called to appear at Cambridge Crown Court.