Man remains in police custody today on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman in Wisbech
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech. The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech.
The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A police spokesman said today (Wednesday) that the man remains in custody at a police station in Cambridgeshire.
Jolanta, 38, was found by police on Friday (May 7) at her home in Milner Road, Wisbech. A post mortem examination revealed she had died as a result of an assault.
Police continue to interview potential witnesses and are talking to members of the Lithuanian community.
They would like to speak to anyone with any knowledge of Jolanta's movements in the week leading up to her death.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
The spokesman said: "Jolanta's family have been contacted in Lithuania and will be kept up to date on the progress of the inquiry."
CONTACT: Det Insp Martin Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.