Man remains in police custody today on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman in Wisbech
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech. The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech.
The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A police spokesman said today (Wednesday) that the man remains in custody at a police station in Cambridgeshire.
Jolanta, 38, was found by police on Friday (May 7) at her home in Milner Road, Wisbech. A post mortem examination revealed she had died as a result of an assault.
You may also want to watch:
Police continue to interview potential witnesses and are talking to members of the Lithuanian community.
They would like to speak to anyone with any knowledge of Jolanta's movements in the week leading up to her death.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The spokesman said: "Jolanta's family have been contacted in Lithuania and will be kept up to date on the progress of the inquiry."
CONTACT: Det Insp Martin Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.