Man remains in police custody today on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman in Wisbech
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech. The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A MAN remains in police custody this morning (Wednesday) on suspicion of murdering Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene in Wisbech.
The 44-year-old from Wisbech was arrested in Wisbech at about 11pm on Monday.
A police spokesman said today (Wednesday) that the man remains in custody at a police station in Cambridgeshire.
Jolanta, 38, was found by police on Friday (May 7) at her home in Milner Road, Wisbech. A post mortem examination revealed she had died as a result of an assault.
You may also want to watch:
Police continue to interview potential witnesses and are talking to members of the Lithuanian community.
They would like to speak to anyone with any knowledge of Jolanta's movements in the week leading up to her death.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
The spokesman said: "Jolanta's family have been contacted in Lithuania and will be kept up to date on the progress of the inquiry."
CONTACT: Det Insp Martin Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.