Man pulled from water at Bawsey pits after concerns for safety
A man in his 20s has been pulled from a water-filled pit at Bawsey Country Park after emergency crews became concerned for his safety.
Emergency services raced to the scene near King's Lynn at around 11am on Wednesday.
Swimming in the pits is banned due to cold water shock and last August a man sadly died after getting stuck in the water.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called to Bawsey pit shortly before 11am this morning following concerns for the safety of a man in his 20s.
"He required medical assistance and is being treated by paramedics."
Ambulance crews arrived on the scene at 1:20pm and took the man to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
An East Anglian Ambulance spokesperson said: "We were called to Bawsey Country Park at around 1:20pm today after receiving calls concerned for a man’s welfare.
"Crews treated one patient at the scene before transporting him to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for further assessment and care."
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
One fire appliance from King's Lynn North was on the scene at 2.05pm assisting police and medical workers.