Man kicked by duo
MAGISTRATES have warned the attackers of a Lithuanian man that they could face custody for kicking him on the ground. Shocking CCTV footage was viewed at Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday, showing 20-year-old Jamie Cawser and a 17-year-old youth kicking their
MAGISTRATES have warned the attackers of a Lithuanian man that they could face custody for kicking him on the ground.
Shocking CCTV footage was viewed at Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday, showing 20-year-old Jamie Cawser and a 17-year-old youth kicking their victim as he lay motionless.
The injured man - who had been drinking - lay on the ground for around two minutes before he was helped, and appeared to be unconscious, said prosecutor David Myles.
The incident happened in the early hours of January 12, and police were called by members of the public reporting the beating. Officers traced the car used by the two assailants, and they were arrested.
Solicitor John Clarke said the incident was an unprovoked attack, and had been a group action in a busy street.
"We know the victim was quite drunk and could have been still because of that," he said. "He got up; we do not know if he had any serious injuries."
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
Both Cawser, of St Leonard's Road, Leverington, and the teenager admitted affray. Mr Clarke agreed that the defendants had repeatedly kicked their victim on the ground.
Cawser was sent to Cambridge Crown Court for sentencing, and the youth was due to appear before Fenland youth court yesterday (Thursday.)