Man in hospital with serious injuries after assault in Wisbech
A MAN is in hospital after suffering serious injuries in an assault in Wisbech on Sunday.
The 24-year-old was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he remains in a stable condition following the assault which happened between 10.45 and 11.05pm.
The victim was one of two men who noticed a woman crying near to the Salvation Army building and went over to see if she needed any help. They were then approached by a man and the woman told them to leave.
The pair were followed by the man to the junction of West Street and Victoria Road who then assaulted one of them.
DC Hollie Daines,said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the assault take place or anyone who knows the person responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested and bailed in connection with the assault. He will return to Huntingdon Police Station on June 21.
Anyone with information should contact DC Daines at Huntingdon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year