Man in hospital with serious injuries after assault in Wisbech
A MAN is in hospital after suffering serious injuries in an assault in Wisbech on Sunday.
The 24-year-old was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he remains in a stable condition following the assault which happened between 10.45 and 11.05pm.
The victim was one of two men who noticed a woman crying near to the Salvation Army building and went over to see if she needed any help. They were then approached by a man and the woman told them to leave.
The pair were followed by the man to the junction of West Street and Victoria Road who then assaulted one of them.
DC Hollie Daines,said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the assault take place or anyone who knows the person responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested and bailed in connection with the assault. He will return to Huntingdon Police Station on June 21.
Anyone with information should contact DC Daines at Huntingdon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in