Man in critical condition in hospital after brawl outside village pub
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people. Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman s Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation. A
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people.
Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman's Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation.
A 20-year-old man was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Scene preservations were in place yesterday, while detectives carried out their investigation.
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: "We know there were around 30 people in the area at the time.
"There was a large altercation resulting in the victim being left in a critical condition after being assaulted.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
"Officers are taking statements but we need to speak to everybody present and I would ask for all those people to make contact with police."
CONTACT: Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.