Man in critical condition in hospital after brawl outside village pub
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people. Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman s Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation. A
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people.
Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman's Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation.
A 20-year-old man was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Scene preservations were in place yesterday, while detectives carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: "We know there were around 30 people in the area at the time.
"There was a large altercation resulting in the victim being left in a critical condition after being assaulted.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
"Officers are taking statements but we need to speak to everybody present and I would ask for all those people to make contact with police."
CONTACT: Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.