Man in critical condition in hospital after brawl outside village pub
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people. Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman s Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation. A
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people.
Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman's Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation.
A 20-year-old man was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Scene preservations were in place yesterday, while detectives carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: "We know there were around 30 people in the area at the time.
"There was a large altercation resulting in the victim being left in a critical condition after being assaulted.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
"Officers are taking statements but we need to speak to everybody present and I would ask for all those people to make contact with police."
CONTACT: Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.