Man in critical condition in hospital after brawl outside village pub
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people. Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman s Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation. A
ONE man is in a critical condition in hospital after a brawl outside a Fenland pub involving up to 30 people.
Police were called at 12.30am yesterday (Monday) to outside the Woodman's Cottage in High Road, Gorefield, where there was a large altercation.
A 20-year-old man was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Scene preservations were in place yesterday, while detectives carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: "We know there were around 30 people in the area at the time.
"There was a large altercation resulting in the victim being left in a critical condition after being assaulted.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 8 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
"Officers are taking statements but we need to speak to everybody present and I would ask for all those people to make contact with police."
CONTACT: Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.