Man grabbed pregnant girlfriend by throat
FURIOUS that his pregnant girlfriend had tried to stop him leaving her, Steven Pearson grabbed Ruby Alderton round the throat and pushed her away. He has problems with anger, solicitor John Clarke told Fenland magistrates on Wednesday. He will often pu
FURIOUS that his pregnant girlfriend had tried to stop him leaving her, Steven Pearson grabbed Ruby Alderton round the throat and pushed her away.
"He has problems with anger," solicitor John Clarke told Fenland magistrates on Wednesday. "He will often punch or throw things."
Perarson, 23, now banned from his former address in Hawkins Drive, Wisbech, admitted assaulting five-months-pregnant Ms Alderton.
The couple had argued because Pearson wanted to end the relationship and leave the property, said prosecutor Andrew Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Pearson admitted clipping Ruby Alderton on the face when outside the flat, and when he returned to collect some property, he grabbed her around the throat and pushed her away.
Sentencing was adjourned until September 12.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad