Man from Wisbech arrested in connection with illegal rave held in Norfolk
A 20-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested in connection with an illegal rave held in Norfolk at the weekend.
Officers from Fakenham and Wells located an unlicensed musical event (UME) in a field at Wells Road, North Creake, near Fakenham, at about 1am on Sunday.
The event continued to be monitored throughout the night with approximately 100 people and 40 vehicles in attendance.
Later in the day, response officers from Fakenham attended the scene and a man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of Licensing Act offences, criminal damage and possession of a controlled drug and taken to King’s Lynn police station for questioning.
The sound equipment and vehicle belonging to the arrested man was also seized.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Jason Selvarajah, who led the operation, said: “The location was difficult to access and whilst no further noise complaints were received, a field and crops appear to have been damaged as a result of those attending this event.
“Norfolk Constabulary has taken positive action and a number of people at the UME received �30 fixed penalty notices for driving off road.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
“One man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled drug and another for driving whilst over the prescribed limit.”