Man from Wisbech arrested in connection with illegal rave held in Norfolk
A 20-year-old man from Wisbech has been arrested in connection with an illegal rave held in Norfolk at the weekend.
Officers from Fakenham and Wells located an unlicensed musical event (UME) in a field at Wells Road, North Creake, near Fakenham, at about 1am on Sunday.
The event continued to be monitored throughout the night with approximately 100 people and 40 vehicles in attendance.
Later in the day, response officers from Fakenham attended the scene and a man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of Licensing Act offences, criminal damage and possession of a controlled drug and taken to King’s Lynn police station for questioning.
The sound equipment and vehicle belonging to the arrested man was also seized.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Jason Selvarajah, who led the operation, said: “The location was difficult to access and whilst no further noise complaints were received, a field and crops appear to have been damaged as a result of those attending this event.
“Norfolk Constabulary has taken positive action and a number of people at the UME received �30 fixed penalty notices for driving off road.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
“One man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled drug and another for driving whilst over the prescribed limit.”