Man exposed himself to boy
A NINE-year-old boy saw Anthony Williams exposing himself while sitting in a car, and reported the indecent act to his mother.
The child’s mother went to investigate and also saw the 37-year-old exposed, Fenland magistrates were told.
She saw that Williams had a laminated map on his lap at the time, and another woman walking past had been visibly upset.
Williams, of Musticott Place, Walsoken, had denied a charge of committing an act that outraged public decency, but was convicted after a trial last month.
This week he was back at Wisbech court, when Fenland magistrates decided to commit Williams for sentencing to Cambridge Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
“Your are still in denial and a young child had to give evidence at your trial,” he was told by magistrates. “We feel our sentencing powers are not sufficient.”
Williams had received a caution in 2002 and a conviction in 2003 for exposing himself, the court was told.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
Solicitor John Clarke said: “I think he is a socially isolated person, I think a suspended prison sentence would be the best deterrent.”