Man in 60s dies after sports car crashes into archway
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a sports car crashed into an archway in King's Lynn.
Police were called just before 4am on Good Friday (April 2) following reports a grey Mazda MX-5 had collided with South Gate on the A148 London Road.
The driver, a man in his 60s, died at the scene.
London Road was temporarily closed in both directions between Southgates Roundabout and the junction with Windsor Road, as were a number of side streets, while emergency services were at the scene.
Police are now appealing for any witnesses to come forward and would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident or have any information regarding it.
Those with relevant information or dashcam footage are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit by emailing SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk or calling 101, and quoting incident number 50 of April 2.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor