Man died from drugs overdose
PUBLISHED: 12:53 08 December 2006 | UPDATED: 19:53 01 June 2010
A MAN S death, which sparked a police investigation, was the result of a heroin overdose, an inquest heard. Denniss Leonovs, 21, had travelled from London to his friend s house in Bedford Street, Wisbech, on March 16 this year. Mr Leonovs and his friend J
A MAN'S death, which sparked a police investigation, was the result of a heroin overdose, an inquest heard.
Denniss Leonovs, 21, had travelled from London to his friend's house in Bedford Street, Wisbech, on March 16 this year.
Mr Leonovs and his friend Janis Barcs, both of Latvia, had spent the afternoon watching DVDs with friends.
In a statement, which was read to the inquest, Mr Barcs said he had later gone to work the night shift at a factory in the town, leaving Mr Leonovs at home with some other friends.
He then returned to the house in the early morning and discovered his friend lying in a bed in a room upstairs.
An ambulance was called and Mr Leonovs was pronounced dead.
A post mortem examination carried out by Home Office pathologist Dr Nat Cary gave the cause of death as heroin intoxication and an examination of the body showed that he had scarring which is apparent with intravenous drug abuse.
The inquest at Wisbech on Monday heard that police had been called to investigate the death and had found a number of items linked with the use of drugs at the property.
Coroner William Morris, said: "It is fairly clear to me from the evidence of Dr Cary that the deceased was well aquatinted with the use of drugs."
He recorded a verdict of death through the abuse of drugs.
At the time, police arrested four men from the Wisbech area in connection with the man's death.
But they were all later released without charge and detectives said they were no longer treating the death as suspicious.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.