Man charged with Wisbech murder
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a Wisbech woman.
Tomas Acas, 26, of Milner Road, Wisbech, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, August 6) charged with the murder of 36-year-old Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene.
A 23-year-old woman has also been re-arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The 38-year-old victim’s body was discovered by police in her Milner Road home on Friday, May 7 after concerns were raised about her whereabouts.
Residents said they knew little about the woman but said there had been a “large party” at her home a few days before her murder.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour described her as “cheerful” and said: “She always had a smile on her face and was very friendly.”
Earlier this week a murder charge was dropped against Arlandas Ubartas, 44, also of Milner Road, after the Crown Prosecution Service discontinued the case against him at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
Solicitor John Clarke, of the firm Metcalfe, Copeman and Pettefar said the CPS “never served on us any substantive evidence” to support the charge.