Man charged with Wisbech murder
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a Wisbech woman.
Tomas Acas, 26, of Milner Road, Wisbech, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, August 6) charged with the murder of 36-year-old Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene.
A 23-year-old woman has also been re-arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The 38-year-old victim’s body was discovered by police in her Milner Road home on Friday, May 7 after concerns were raised about her whereabouts.
Residents said they knew little about the woman but said there had been a “large party” at her home a few days before her murder.
One neighbour described her as “cheerful” and said: “She always had a smile on her face and was very friendly.”
Earlier this week a murder charge was dropped against Arlandas Ubartas, 44, also of Milner Road, after the Crown Prosecution Service discontinued the case against him at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Solicitor John Clarke, of the firm Metcalfe, Copeman and Pettefar said the CPS “never served on us any substantive evidence” to support the charge.