Man charged with Wisbech murder
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a Wisbech woman.
Tomas Acas, 26, of Milner Road, Wisbech, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, August 6) charged with the murder of 36-year-old Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene.
A 23-year-old woman has also been re-arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The 38-year-old victim’s body was discovered by police in her Milner Road home on Friday, May 7 after concerns were raised about her whereabouts.
Residents said they knew little about the woman but said there had been a “large party” at her home a few days before her murder.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour described her as “cheerful” and said: “She always had a smile on her face and was very friendly.”
Earlier this week a murder charge was dropped against Arlandas Ubartas, 44, also of Milner Road, after the Crown Prosecution Service discontinued the case against him at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 4 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 10 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
Solicitor John Clarke, of the firm Metcalfe, Copeman and Pettefar said the CPS “never served on us any substantive evidence” to support the charge.