Man charged with Wisbech murder
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a Wisbech woman.
Tomas Acas, 26, of Milner Road, Wisbech, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (Friday, August 6) charged with the murder of 36-year-old Lithuanian woman Jolanta Dumciuviene.
A 23-year-old woman has also been re-arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The 38-year-old victim’s body was discovered by police in her Milner Road home on Friday, May 7 after concerns were raised about her whereabouts.
Residents said they knew little about the woman but said there had been a “large party” at her home a few days before her murder.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbour described her as “cheerful” and said: “She always had a smile on her face and was very friendly.”
Earlier this week a murder charge was dropped against Arlandas Ubartas, 44, also of Milner Road, after the Crown Prosecution Service discontinued the case against him at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
Solicitor John Clarke, of the firm Metcalfe, Copeman and Pettefar said the CPS “never served on us any substantive evidence” to support the charge.