Man charged with murder of 48-year-old Wisbech woman Dzilva Butiene enters no plea at first court appearance
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene appeared at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (April 19).
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, of no known address, did not enter a plea and his next appearance is scheduled for May 17 at Cambridge Crown Court.
He was arrested on Thursday April 13 after a post-mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday April 5 with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work