Man charged with murder of 48-year-old Wisbech woman Dzilva Butiene enters no plea at first court appearance
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene appeared at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (April 19).
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, of no known address, did not enter a plea and his next appearance is scheduled for May 17 at Cambridge Crown Court.
He was arrested on Thursday April 13 after a post-mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday April 5 with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens