Man charged with murder of 48-year-old Wisbech woman Dzilva Butiene enters no plea at first court appearance
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene appeared at Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (April 19).
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, of no known address, did not enter a plea and his next appearance is scheduled for May 17 at Cambridge Crown Court.
He was arrested on Thursday April 13 after a post-mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday April 5 with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder