Man charged with illegally selling a saltwater crocodile skull, crab-eating macaque skull and being in possession of cannabis
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been charged in connection with wildlife offences including selling a saltwater crocodile skull and a crab-eating macaque skull, as well as being in possession of cannabis.
John McCabe, of Sedge Drove, Ten Mile Bank, was charged yesterday.
It comes after a warrant was carried out at an address on February 10 with the assistance of the National Wildlife Crime Unit (NWCU) following intelligence.
McCabe was charged with one count of selling a saltwater crocodile and three counts of selling a crab-eating macaque.
This is contrary to the Control of Trade in Endangered Species Regulations 1997 which lists the species, respectively, in annex A and B.
You may also want to watch:
McCabe was also charged with two counts of possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis.
He was bailed to appear at King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court on Thursday May 12.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'