Man charged with illegally selling a saltwater crocodile skull, crab-eating macaque skull and being in possession of cannabis
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been charged in connection with wildlife offences including selling a saltwater crocodile skull and a crab-eating macaque skull, as well as being in possession of cannabis.
John McCabe, of Sedge Drove, Ten Mile Bank, was charged yesterday.
It comes after a warrant was carried out at an address on February 10 with the assistance of the National Wildlife Crime Unit (NWCU) following intelligence.
McCabe was charged with one count of selling a saltwater crocodile and three counts of selling a crab-eating macaque.
This is contrary to the Control of Trade in Endangered Species Regulations 1997 which lists the species, respectively, in annex A and B.
You may also want to watch:
McCabe was also charged with two counts of possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis.
He was bailed to appear at King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court on Thursday May 12.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’